Our fees are determined according to guidelines set out by the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors. Our services are based on an outreach model; we meet clients in nearby nature locations across a wide geographic region to accommodate the needs of families (including the Greater Victoria Area, Cowichan Valley, and Squamish regions). Thus associates may need to charge gas mileage (rate of $0.50/km) depending on the agreed upon meeting location.
Clinical counselling services with Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) or Registered Professional Counsellor (RPC)
- Individual Counselling — $125/hour, plus gst
- Family Therapy or Couples Therapy — $140/hour, plus gst
- Our accessible counselling program with sliding scale rates and bursaries may be available as determined by your counsellor (please inquire).
Child and youth support services:
- $90/hour, plus gst
- Our child and youth support workers are highly skilled, with years of experience in youth care, and/or are in the process of completing their Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology. They are closely supervised and supported by our clinical director and ED. Sliding scale rates and bursaries may also be available, please inquire.
Low-income counselling with practicum students:
- Sliding scale fee of $30–$60/hour, plus gst
- Our amazing practicum students are working on completing their Masters degree in Counselling Psychology or Child and Youth Care. They are closely supervised by RCCs, who collaborate on client care to make sure you are getting the best service possible.
Benefits & coverage
Counselling fees may be reimbursed by extended health benefits plans, depending on your plan coverage, and the counsellor you are working with. Please consult your benefits package to find out details on how much is covered, and the required credentials of the professional (they must reimburse for RCC or RPC designation). Some plans may also cover Youth Workers under the direct supervision of our RCCs. We also direct bill with Autism Funding, Self Design, and Jordan’s Principle funding. Some of our counsellors are covered through Crime Victim Assistance Program or First Nations Health Authority. Please inquire if you require these programs.
Dave and Katy can provide clinical supervision for professional counsellors who are expanding their practices to include the more-than-human natural world. Whether you have already been working from an ecotherapeutic perspective, or would like to begin incorporating it more, we can offer support regarding best practices, ethics, specific interventions, and therapeutic framework for working in the outdoors (with a specialty in working with children and families).
Rates for supervision are of $125/hour, plus gst, with sliding scale available as needed.
Do you have an interest in the fields of ecopsychology, ecotherapy or adventure therapy but don’t know where to begin? Are you curious about the possibilities for education in this field, or how to start providing ecotherapy or adventure therapy services in Canada? Dave and Katy get many requests to discuss our work with people from across the country, and although we LOVE to hear from people who are passionate and excited to explore this field, we find it challenging to respond to all requests amongst our busy work days. If you have more than just a quick question then we are happy to book a consultation with you to explore your queries.
Our fees for consultation are $125/hour (sliding scale for students).