Human-Nature Counselling in the news & media!
Check out our video featuring participants from last years Guam Guam Specums and our associate Jeff Miller! Video by Christian MacInnis.
Human-Nature Counselling has been profiled for the current Fall (2020) issue of Insights Magazine! See what co-founders David Segal and Katy Rose have to say about the development of nature-based therapy, our relationship with nature, and our recent transition into a not-for-profit! Link to PDF here.
An in-depth description of our long-running New Roots program by our co-founder, Katy Rose, via Healthy Living.
Great insight into one of our programs – Nature’s Way – that we ran in 2017. For current programs, please click on the “our programs” tab.
Listen to co-founder David Segal speak on the Awake in Relationships podcast about mental-health, nature-therapy, and give tips on how to keep healthy and social during COVID-19. Link here.
Our Other Publications
David Segal, MA, RCC
- Self and Place: Journeys in the Land, Journal of Ecopsychology, December 2012
- The Promise of Ecopsychology, Post Growth Institute, December 2011
- The Ecology of Adventure Therapy: An Integral Systems Approach to Therapeutic Change, Journal of Ecopsychology, June 2010
- Unsettling Ecopsychology: Addressing Settler Colonialism in Ecopsychology, Sept 2018
- Healing Ourselves and Healing the World: Consumerism and the Culture of Addiction, Journal of Future Studies, March 2015
Dr Nevin J. Harper, PhD
- Outdoor Therapies: An Introduction to Practices, Possibilities, and Critical Perspectives, October 2020