*** In response to the current situation with Covid-19 Pandemic, we have cancelled our in-person training, and adjusted our format to a reduced-rate online training delivery through Zoom. While we will not be able to engage with the in-person aspects of the training as envisioned, we look forward to rich discussions and personal land-based assignments, to enhance participant learning.
Have you always had a strong sense of being drawn to the wild for healing and rejuvenation, and wondered about how you can integrate that knowing into your work with clients? Have you always wanted to take your therapeutic practice into the outdoors, but not felt the confidence or background to do so? Then this is the course for you!
Join us as we delve into the exciting and nourishing field of nature-based therapy. Our hope is to inspire more practitioners to bring their own deep-felt connection with the natural world into their helping work in an experiential, integrated, and embodied way. If you work with adults, kids, families or groups…this practice will enliven and inspire you.
- Foundational theories that underlie nature-based therapy
- Practitioners relationship with nature
- Making the choice to take therapy outside
- Doing an ecological assessment
- Regulation, risk and play
- Ethical and cultural considerations
- Bonding and Belonging as a guiding principle (attachment theory)
- Experiential activities that you can apply to your practice right away
It is recommended but not required that participants have some training in therapeutic disciplines:
- Phd or PsyD in Clinical Psychology or equivalent
- MA in Counselling Psychology, Social Work, Child and Youth Care
- BA in Social Work or Child and Youth Care
- Diploma in child and family studies
- Education with children or youth in the outdoors
- Student in these disciplines
We are so excited about the positive interest from across Canada and internationally! We are certainly willing to open up more dates, and/or provide organizational training for teams directly.
What participants have said:
“Your theoretical orientation and the language you chose to talk about your work resonates deeply with me and has provided the solid ground I needed to trust my own intuition and creativity and start taking therapy outside. I will be forever grateful. ” – 2021
“I found the playful activities lively and good models of some of the concepts presented upon. The course flow was of a great pace and I felt both Dave and Katy did a wonderful job navigating Zoom and utilizing it’s capabilities. The training was a lovely complement to reading the nature-based therapy book.” – training participant 2020
DatesApril 15th, 16th, and 23rd or October 14th, 15th, and 22nd
Times1pm - 4:30pm
LocationThe comfort of your own home, on Zoom, and in the nearby nature you have easy access to.
Fees$300 plus GST. There is a reduced student rate of $200.
Let us know what you need by emailing: [email protected].