Introduction to Nature-based Therapy
New date for 2021 just announced. February 18th, 19th & 26th (1pm-4:30pm PST each day)
*** In response to the current situation with Covid-19 Pandemic, we have cancelled our in-person trainings, and adjusted our format to a reduced-rate online training delivery through Zoom. While we will not be able to engage with the in-person aspects of the training as envisioned, we look forward to rich discussions and personal land-based assignments, to enhance participant learning.
Have you always had a strong sense of being drawn to the wild for healing and rejuvenation, and wondered about how you can integrate that knowing into your work with clients? Have you always wanted to take your therapeutic practice into the outdoors, but not felt the confidence or background to do so? Then this is the course for you!
Join us as we delve into the exciting and nourishing field of nature-based therapy. Our hope is to inspire more practitioners to bring their own deep-felt connection with the natural world into their helping work in an experiential, integrated, and embodied way. If you work with adults, kids, families or groups…this practice will enliven and inspire you.
- Foundational theories that underlie nature-based therapy
- Practitioners relationship with nature
- Making the choice to take therapy outside
- Doing an ecological assessment
- Regulation, risk and play
- Ethical and cultural considerations
- Bonding and Belonging as a guiding principle (attachment theory)
- Experiential activities that you can apply to your practice right away
It is recommended but not required that participants have some training in therapeutic disciplines:
- MA in Counselling Psychology, Social Work, Child and Youth Care
- BA in Social Work or Child and Youth Care
- Diploma in child and family studies
- Education with children or youth in the outdoors
- Student in these disciplines
We are so excited about the positive interest from across Canada and internationally! We are certainly willing to open up more dates, and/or provide organizational training for teams directly.
Let us know what you are needing by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
What participants have said:
“Even over Zoom it was a lovely way to connect with like minded people who are venturing into this therapeutic territory. It was a great intro and I would love to dive deeper on each area. You, as presenters, came across as inviting and accommodating. I appreciate you offering this important training virtually”
“I found the playful activities lively and good models of some of the concepts presented upon. The course flow was of a great pace and I felt both Dave and Katy did a wonderful job navigating Zoom and utilizing it’s capabilities. The training was a lovely complement to reading the nature-based therapy book.”