Podcast Spotlight: Dr Nevin Harper
Our associate Dr Nevin Harper is featured in two podcasts!
More information below under Podcasts.
Check out our video featuring participants from last years Guam Guam Specums and our associate Jeff Miller! Video by Christian MacInnis.
Human-Nature Counselling was featured in the holiday issue of YAM! Link to issue here. See our Executive Director and Clinical Director’s take on strategies for coping with a COVID winter beginning on page 66.
Human-Nature Counselling was profiled for the Fall (2020) issue of Insights Magazine! See what David Segal and Katy Rose have to say about the development of nature-based therapy, our relationship with nature, and our transition into a not-for-profit! Link to PDF here.
An in-depth description of our long-running New Roots program by our Clinical Director, Katy Rose, via Healthy Living.
Great insight into one of our programs – Nature’s Way – that we ran in 2017. For current programs, please click on the “our programs” tab.
Our associate and Child & Youth Support Worker, Dr Nevin Harper, kicks off the new podcast Adventure Therapy Collective Podcast as a guest speaker sharing his experience coming to adventure therapy and his years working in residential care. Link here.
Dr Nevin Harper is featured on this episode of Stories from the Field: Demystifying Wilderness Therapy. He talks about his rural upbringing, graduate studies in the U.S. and his journey to Human-Nature Counselling Society. Link here.
Executive director David Segal talks on the Very Bad Therapy Podcast about his own experiences with counselling, the benefits of nature-based therapy, and the differences between nature-based therapy and adventure therapy. Link here.
Listen to David Segal speak on the Awake in Relationships podcast about mental-health, nature-therapy, and give tips on how to keep healthy and social during COVID-19. Link here.
Our Other Publications
David Segal, MA, RCC
- Self and Place: Journeys in the Land, Journal of Ecopsychology, December 2012
- The Promise of Ecopsychology, Post Growth Institute, December 2011
- The Ecology of Adventure Therapy: An Integral Systems Approach to Therapeutic Change, Journal of Ecopsychology, June 2010
- Unsettling Ecopsychology: Addressing Settler Colonialism in Ecopsychology, Sept 2018
- Healing Ourselves and Healing the World: Consumerism and the Culture of Addiction, Journal of Future Studies, March 2015
Dr Nevin J. Harper, PhD
- Outdoor Therapies: An Introduction to Practices, Possibilities, and Critical Perspectives, October 2020